Saturday, October 10, 2009

Replacement Blankie


Greetings, I've decided to start keeping track of all of my projects. First a little background.. I first learned to crochet when I was in the 3rd grade and had chicken pox and my aunt decided I needed something to do with my hands besides itch!! After college I became much more serious with my hobby and most of my projects are the result of needing gifts for friends and family, especially new babies! While most of the projects will be crochet related you may occasionally stumble upon some sewing or other random things as I get inspired. The first project I wanted to post about is the replacement blankie for Miss Ella. When she was born I made her this exact pink/purple blanket using the Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes and the pattern found on the skein label. She has loved her blanket dearly for almost 3 years.. so much so that she needed a replacement. Attached is a shot of her with her replacement blankie. I was so glad that she was willing to accept the new blankie!! This is a really easy pattern to follow and the self striping yarn for makes for really quick crocheting without changing colors! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment